For those interested, we could get together as a group and head down to see either see the "Aviation Adventure Speaker Series" at the EAA Museum or "Movie Night" at the Aviation Heritage Center of Wisconsin. (Updated for 2018)
Aviation Adventure Speaker Series
Movies at the Aviation Heritage Center
"Cockpit climbs" following the presentation.
- January 18 - Ryan Wubben, M.D. from the University of Wisconsin (P-47 recovery)
- February 15 - Dick Campbell (Battle of Midway)
- March 15 - Bob Caron (Last Helicopter Out of Saigon)
- April 19 - NASA Flight Director Paul Dye
- May 24 - "The Restorers" 15th Anniversary
- June 21 - Joe Duff, founder of Operation Migration.
- August 16 - Chris Henry’s Apollo: For All Mankind
- January 12 - Hidden Figures
- February 9 - Into the White
- March 9 - Rocketeer
- April 13 - Wings of a Warrior
- May 11 - Dunkirk
- June 8 - Silent Wings
- July 13 - Battle Hymn
- August 10 - Gathering of Mustangs and Legends
- September 14 - Flight of the Phoenix (or New)
- October 12 - Gravity
- November 9 - The Blue Max
- December 14 - Spitfire
GRB History... (permalink on the left menu) Thank-You to Dick Powers and Don Pansierfor providing this excellent piece of local history.
Our treasurer, Karen Kalishek, happy following her successful examination for CFI-Glider.Karen received her commercial glider certificate in 2015 and since then has enjoyed flying sailplanes in Wisconsin, California, Arkansas, Tennessee, Arizona and Vermont. She is a member of the Wisconsin Soaring Society based in Hartford, Wisconsin. Karen invites powered pilots to experience the fun and skill development that is part of non-powered flight.
Many items have been removed since the server change earlier this year. They just don't work anymore. The items were on the left side lower menu area. They were: recent - videos, photos, members, posts & upcoming events.
The mobile portion has also been turned off. The pairing of a free mobile provider not only resulted in pages from the site being incomplete it was also notoriously slow resulting in the pages not being loaded at all.
If you have obtained the certification please forward the email / .pdf provided by EAA to our Secretary, Alan Georgia.
| Toronto (CYTZ)|| Goose Bay (CYYR)|| Mýrdalsjökull Glacier,|