July 13th -
- Our July "combined" meeting with CAP BCSS & IMC Club was a great success, informative, and a lot of fun! Some uploaded pictures from the event are here.
- From the NWS Green Bay - "The National Weather Service appreciates your efforts in keeping the community safe in severe weather. Attached are a few severe weather graphics to share." - These can be found on our "Weather Ready Nation" page.
- Jay's annual Fall Fly-In is coming up on August 26th, more info here.
- There will be NO breakfast at Jay's Antique Aerodrome in September. The MAAC fly-in at Brodhead occurs that weekend.
- "Homebuilt Help" 2nd Annual Fly-In @ Crispy Cedars (7WI8), July 22nd
- Norbert Langer's last fly-in before full time retirement in Green Bay. The home & hangar is also for sale at the Lakewood Airpark - help spread the word!
May 20th -
Jay's first breakfast of 2017 had a great showing! Weather was very nice but a little windy. Around 40 aircraft showed up in total & over 100 breakfasts served. The breakfast was followed by the monthly meeting of the Wisconsin Chapter of the Ninety-Nines
. (Click on any picture to go to the full album)
If you haven't already, please obtain the certification as soon as possible so we can continue to provide our events following the YPP policy.
The new Youth Protection Plan is pivotal to the Young Eagles program and any other event where the chapter is involved with children under the age of 18. Below are links to the introduction, program overview, requirements, documents & feedback.
If you have obtained the certification please forward the email / .pdf provided by EAA to our Secretary, Alan Georgia.
CONGRATULATIONS KAREN !!!
January 20th -
Keep an eye out for future Chapter "drive out" events. For those interested, we could get together as a group and head down to see either see the "Aviation Adventure Speaker Series" at the EAA Museum or "Movie Night" at the Aviation Heritage Center of Wisconsin.
Aviation Adventure Speaker Series
|Movies at the Aviation Heritage Center ( Desc's )|
|Free ($5 Non-Members) - 7:00pm. |
Cockpit climbs" following the presentation.
|$2.00 per person. Doors open at 6:30pm, presentation at 6:45pm. 2nd Friday of each month.|
- No presentations until after Airventure '17
- September 8 - Court Marshal of Billy Mitchell
- October 13 - By Dawns Early Light
- November 10 - The Aviator
- December 8 - Tora,Tora,Tora
October 13th -
IMC Club News - Rich Mamrosh of the NWS GRB gave us an excellent presentation on SKEW-T diagrams and how they can provide supplemental information to the preflight and inflight WX sources. An excellent tool not only for the IFR pilot, but the VFR pilot too. With his permission & slight mods to remove copyrighted material the powerpoint presentation has been uploaded here so others may see it. You may get it here -
http://bit.ly/2e1iBLf It's highly recommended to download it to your computer or use an online viewer to view. The link above will automatically open it for a "quick" view but it is corrupted on many pages.
October 6th (Updated October 24th) -
"Lady Lynn" made it to her new home in Germany! Eisenach-Kindel Airport (EDGE). We lost track of her between Narsarsuaq, Greenland (BGBW) and Wick, Scotland (EGPC). UPDATED - "Lady Lynn" landed in Keflavavik (BIKF) as assumed but required re-routing due to the strong winds aloft & fuel reserve requirements. Ferry pilots Klaus Plasa & Stephan Gottwald provided us with a PIREP of their epic journey - here. Click on pictures below for more photos.
| Toronto (CYTZ)|| Goose Bay (CYYR)|| Mýrdalsjökull Glacier,|
Great showing of members' aircraft at the September meeting in Shawano.
Thanks Al for the hospitality & delicious brats! (click pictures for more)